Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mi Madre..."That's how we roll"


My mom came to see me this weekend for our standard weekend of Starbucks, shopping, movies and more shopping. We started on Friday with our typical stop at Last Chance on our way home from the airport. We stayed for about 3 hours which is normal for us and then headed to Zen 32 for some yummy Sushi. When we were done eating we went to do some more shopping til the stores kicked us out at 9:30. Saturday morning we started early by opening up Last Chance and a couple hours later headed to every other store in Phoenix. We did stop shopping to see a matinee of Mama Mia and then headed straight to the store to buy the soundtrack. We were singing Abba all day and night. After more shopping..we were finally kicked out of the last store at 10 pm and figured that we put in a 12 hour day and could be done. We came home and looked through all of our purchases and were laughing so hard because some of the stuff we had we couldn't remember buying. We might have been delirious. Then to top it off....My mom said..."That's how we roll." And I laid on the floor and laughed til I cried. I love you mom. Thank you for everything. Come back soon so we can do it all over again...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Good grief, this is my dream scenario! Moms, shopping, food, movies, shopping, delirium... you Lils do it up right! I am DYING to go to Last Chance! Are they only in AZ?

Nellie said...

Holy cow -- wish I could have been there with you guys. I don't have anyone who rolls with me that way.

BTW, I have quite a few pixof Johnny and your crew -- I'll copy them, or see if I can scan them and email them. If that fails, there's always snail mail. :) I even have airport pix of when he left the MTC. We made the drive up from Provo in the back of someone's jeep (Megan, maybe?) and FROZE to death. It was, like October and 6am. Nuts. The rag top was NOT cutting it, but we were there. Those were the good old days.

Christin said...

You and your mom are so adorable Paige. I also went to see Mama Mia with Franks mom and his brothers girlfriend. It was great!! I told her that Sarah and I would get the guys to marry us if she would sing in spandex like that!

Emily said...

What a fun Mom you have.....
I bought my fave pair of shoes at last chance, that store is the bomb, way better then the rack or Off 5th!

J.C. & Tiana said...

I'm so jealous I want to do nothing but shop, eat, watch movies, and hang out with you and Kath. We would actually be more than happy just hanging out with the two of you gals. We miss you both.

Jim & Karyn Anderson said...

I am hurt! Have we not bonded? A day without momma 2???? Whatever! Karyn