I'm warning you that this post may be depressing. I am having a major meltdown and usually do this time of year. I get attached to my students and know their entire life stories. Well needless to say it gets hard around the holidays. I have one student who will be discharged from our group home, but has no where to go. So she will be leaving to go stay in a shelter while they check out her Grandma in Cleveland, Ohio. This means, she will be spending Thanksgiving by herself in a shelter. She has no one. She is such a cutie pie and is such a great girl. It's sad that at 15 she has to deal with heavy shit like this. I want to kidnap her and take her home with me for Thanksgiving. And then I just want to keep her forever. I start to think about how lucky I am, because if I was ever in any kind of situation, I could go to lots of people for help. I am surrounded by a huge family and extended family that would do anything for me. Plus amazing friends that would help me anytime I needed anything. Life is not fair.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Major Meltdown...
I'm warning you that this post may be depressing. I am having a major meltdown and usually do this time of year. I get attached to my students and know their entire life stories. Well needless to say it gets hard around the holidays. I have one student who will be discharged from our group home, but has no where to go. So she will be leaving to go stay in a shelter while they check out her Grandma in Cleveland, Ohio. This means, she will be spending Thanksgiving by herself in a shelter. She has no one. She is such a cutie pie and is such a great girl. It's sad that at 15 she has to deal with heavy shit like this. I want to kidnap her and take her home with me for Thanksgiving. And then I just want to keep her forever. I start to think about how lucky I am, because if I was ever in any kind of situation, I could go to lots of people for help. I am surrounded by a huge family and extended family that would do anything for me. Plus amazing friends that would help me anytime I needed anything. Life is not fair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You have a heart that is a gift. Wow. We are all lucky to know you and anyone who is loved by you is better for it.
that makes my heart hurt. it helps me not take all my blessings for granted... you are making a difference in those girls' lives...
I am sorry Paige. You are such a sweetheart to care for her so much. I hope something works out for her between now and Thanksgiving. I hope she knows how much you care about her.
You are so sweet Paige I honor all who can work with troubled kids. When ever you need a job you seek out the place you can make the most difference. I on the other hand go the other way because I can't live through how sorry I feel for them! You are the stongest person I know! Those poor girls will remember you as long as they live.Life isn't fair but it can be better. I love you for helping those dear girls.xoxoxsis cryinglikeababyinOtown.com
Paige,
at least you know that you are making a difference in her life. She can't do much about her life now, but she will be able to when she is older and having people to look up to, like you, will help her be a stronger person.
Paige your so freaking cute. When me and Jace were down ther you can tell that all the students look up to you and are greatful to have you. You were the only teacher they wanted to talk to and I think that says a lot. We miss you come home soon
I forget situations like these are really out there. I'm sad for her and others with the same problems.
Oh man P! I love her already - can't you bring her to thanksgiving for real?
Post a Comment