Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Family split contest...


I can't believe how old I feel. It actually hurts to do the splits now. You should have seen us trying to do one handed cartwheels. It seemed so easy and you would think I was fifty. Wow...I was really disappointed in my skills that I thought would never go away.

I think Tiana's might technically be a Jazz split. What do you think?

13 comments:

Christin said...

I feel your pain Paige...I feel your pain.

Gramma Annie said...

You guys have far too much fun together! Love it!! xoxosis

Lori B said...

I remember you never warmed-up and could bust out splits or toe touches like a pro! I used to tease Kenny because he stretches every night. He is now more limber than I am. I guess I should quit teasing and join him.

Merianne said...

I am VERY impressed that you can still do the splits. WOW! I'm afraid I'm too old and fat to get down half that far, and still would have a hard time getting up. Very impressive!

Ali B. said...

I am pretty sure Amy won, she really looks happy. You and the other one, look like you're both smiling through the pain!

Lindsay B. said...

amy wins! she definitely looks the most natural. paige you look pretty good too. i love tiana's splits...a heck of a lot better than I could do. my splits are more like squats. sad.

The Begleys said...

Paige...I see you do this and I think, "great. you are younger than me so its OK." But Amy! That's just so unfair! I'm not even attempting that one anymore.

meg said...

Paige, you should be proud of yourself. I guess cheer practice at 5 a.m. paid off in the long run! Yes, we for sure need to get together over Christmas. What are the dates when you'll be there? I can't wait to see you!
P.S. When I was home for Thanksgiving, guess what I found? 2 hints: VHS tape and psycho.

Molly said...

I think I pulled muscles just LOOKING at the pictures of you guys doing the splits. Seriously hilarious. I love that you CAN still do that and that you WANT to still try to do that. :) I tried to show Macy what a cartwheel was and really almost killed myself. Sad. Missed seeing you over Thanksgiving...want to try again over Christmas?? I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from your Dad so no excuses! :)

Meghan said...

I CANNOT believe you can still do that.

J.C. & Tiana said...

ok I know my splits sucked really bad but i still claim that the first time doing them that night were way better than that picture being the 3rd time. Love your st. George posts

trice said...

Paige-
I am 51 and I can still do a one-handed cartwheel and a back handspring.

Lindsey said...

I believe it Trice! All I can say is - - REMATCH WHEN I GET TO UTAH!!! I'm going to start stretching tonight...