In Loving Memory of Kevin "Buddha" Nichols. Kevin passed away from a brain anuerysm on October 8th, 2008. He was loved immensely by his family and his friends and all who knew him. He came to school with a smile on his face and was excited about life! He tried his best in all he did and had an amazing sense of humor. To read a little more about him, you can read a letter that one of his teachers wrote here.

In Loving Memory of Aaron Tom who passed away from complications from a self inflicted gun shot wound on Oct. 11, 2008. Aaron was a bright boy who had so much potential in life. He was smart and could have gone to college and made anything of himself that he wanted. His life was tragically cut short and it is a huge loss to our school. His sister was our valedictorian last year and he will be missed dearly. To read another letter written by the same teacher about Aaron go here.
We have had a rough week here at school and our kids are doing such an amazing job pulling together during tough times. On Saturday and Sunday they held a carwash to raise money for Kevin's funeral expenses. They raised almost $3,000 the first day!! Another sweet student got t-shirts made with a picture of Kevin on the front for all the students at school. She paid $200 of her own money out of her paycheck because she didn't want anyone to have to pay for them. Such a sweetie pie. I am amazed to see how generous my students are when things are tough for them anyway.

6 comments:
hi Paige. It sounds like you had a rough weekend. I am sorry to hear about you students. So sad. On a lighter note, how awesome was SYTYCD? love and miss *katie*
I'm so sorry, I know how soft and tender your heart is and I know it is breaking. Those kids are lucky to have someone like you to get them through this.
Oh my word Paigie...I am so sorry. May God bless them and their families and dear friends and you. I love you. xoxox
You are such a strong loving person Paige. Not everyone could go to work everyday knowing the trials and heartache they may face. You are a wonderful mentor to all those kids.
I am heartbroken. I just can't get over it.
Post a Comment